Why Is This Series So Important?
- About 71 percent of students report bullying as an on-going problem.
- A reported 15 percent of all students who don't show up for school say it’s because they’re afraid of being bullied while at school.
- About 1 out of every 10 students drops out or changes schools because of repeated bullying.
- Around half of teens have been the victims of cyberbullying.
- 160,000 students skip school every day because of bullying.
Each book in "Anti-Bullying Basics" by World Book explores for children and early teens a different form of bullying and how to respond to it. All content vetted by Dr. Kari Sassu, an assistant professor in the Counseling and School Psychology Department and the coordinator of the School Psychology program at Southern Connecticut State University. The text offers advice on how to avoid and find relief from bullying.
Librarians, teachers and parents can refer to the books in this series for a perspective on what children may be experiencing and as a source of guidance in helping children who are being bullied.