Building Blocks of Mathematics is a great new series of mathematics books from World Book! Quirky characters drawn in exciting comic-book style introduce and demonstrate critical basic mathematics concepts in this new six-volume series of books. Story problems help to develop students’ conceptual understanding of the mathematical operations and teach them techniques for solving real-life math problems. Designed in collaboration with elementary mathematics education experts, this series is appropriate for kids who are just learning these concepts and older students who can benefit from review and reinforcement.
Key features of World Book's Building Blocks of Mathematics
- Original comics-style art draws students into the magic world of learning mathematics. Learn with Fun!
- Fascinating information about the invention of number systems, great learning materials for kids
- Lists of additional print and Internet resources about learning mathematics
- Contents reflect state and provincial learning standards of mathematics
- Prepared with the expert guidance of Dr. Hala Ghousseini and Dr. Anita Wager, assistant professors of mathematics education in the department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Building Blocks of Math, About the Illustrator:
Sam Hiti is very tall, but of average height when sitting at his drafting table. He has been drawing comics full time independently since 2004. He lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with his wife, two children, and his tiny dog.
Building Blocks of Math, About the Author:
Joseph Midthun was born in a small mining town in central Minnesota. He attended the Perpich Center for Arts Education and Columbia College in Chicago. He is currently editor-in-chief at La Luz Comics and lives in St. Paul.