The World Book Encyclopedia 2011 Spinescape® presents information in an accessible, usable format that promotes learning. World Book is designed to meet the reference needs of students from elementary school through high school. The encyclopedia can be used by college students for review and reinforcement and also serves as a family reference source.
The 22-volume World Book Encyclopedia 2011 covers all fields of learning. It is organized so that readers may quickly find the information they are seeking. The encyclopedia is made easy to use through an alphabetical arrangement of articles and entry cross-references, a carefully designed format, and a comprehensive index.
Features of World Book Encyclopedia 2011:
- New and expanded articles on audio book, crime scence investigation, doping, earthquake, extinction, forensic science, fossil fuel, Generation Y, hip hop, mixed martial arts, among many other topics
- Thousands of new and revised articles provide reliable and current information. Revisions are made throughout the set, across all topics and all types of data
- Comprehension questions, outlines, timelines, and related content lists enhance retention
- More than 27,500 rich photographs and illustrations deliver additional information and visual understanding
- Expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers collaborate to ensure that articles are understandable, accurate, and reflect current scholarship
- Articles are accessible to a wide range of readers, beginning with the most basic information, including definitions and pronunciations, and proceeding to explain the most complex topics with clear text and useful images