First published in 1917, the World Book Encyclopedia is the best selling print Encyclopedia book set in the world. The World Book Encyclopedia 2013 presents information in an accessible, easy to use way that encourages learning. the 2013 World Book is designed to meet the reference needs of people from all ages- from young students to working professionals. This informational text can be used by college students for review, a great family reference source, or as quick reference set for your office.
Though many among us are in the thrall of the latest whiz-bang electronic information-retrieval technology, a “technology gap” can limit our access to reliable, understandable information in many places in this country and elsewhere in the world. Our annual edition helps to bridge that gap. Check out some numbers about World Book Encyclopedia 2013:
- This outstanding reference book set engages more than 4,000 scholars and experts as contributors, reviewers, and consultants
- More than 25,000 rich photographs and illustrations combine with the text to deliver additional information and promote visual learning for students
- The 22-volume World Book Encyclopedia set includes thousands of articles covering all fields of learning
What's New in the 2013 World Book?
The 2013 Classic Universe Binding is a beautiful black and gold bound set that is perfect for your office, or home library. This set is stately, traditional, and elegant.
Highlights of the World Book Encyclopedia 2013:
- Dozens of new and expanded articles, including: Pixar Animation Studios, rhythm and blues, National September 11 Memorial and Museum, magnetism, Adélie penguin, prime number, Cold War, and plant
- Full coverage of the 2012 United States presidential and congressional elections
- Thousands of revisions throughout the set, across all topics and all types of data
- Comprehension questions, outlines, timelines, and related content lists for selected articles enhance retention
- More than 25,000 rich photographs and illustrations, including more than 1,000 new images
- Expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers collaborate to ensure that articles are understandable, accurate, and reflect current scholarship
- Structure and writing style help make articles accessible to a wide range of readers