Though many among us are in the thrall of the latest whiz-bang electronic information-retrieval technology, a “technology gap” can limit our access to reliable, understandable information in many places in this country and elsewhere in the world. Our annual edition helps to bridge that gap.
The 2013 Edition of World Book Encyclopedia - Giving Wings to Knowledge - represents the power
of curiosity and the beauty of knowledge through the image of a
dazzling macaw soaring through a tropical rain forest. The flight of
birds has long symbolized aspiration. The World Book Encyclopedia is
circulating non-fiction that invites readers to engage their curiosity
and fuel their aspiration for knowledge, exploring its pages confident
that what they find in them is accurate, authoritative, and
The World Book Encyclopedia 2013 presents information in an accessible,
usable format that promotes learning. This informational text can be
used by college students for review and reinforcement and also serves
as a great family reference source.
What's New in the 2013 World Book Encyclopedia?
- This outstanding reference books engages more than 4,000 scholars and experts as contributors, reviewers, and consultants
- More than 25,000 rich photographs and illustrations combine with the text to deliver additional information and promote visual learning for students
- The 22-volume World Book Encyclopedia set includes thousands of articles covering all fields of learning
Highlights of the World Book Encyclopedia 2013:
Dozens of new and expanded articles, including Pixar Animation Studios, rhythm and blues, National September 11 Memorial and Museum, magnetism, Adélie penguin, prime number, Cold War, and plant
- Full coverage of the 2012 United States presidential and congressional elections
- Thousands of revisions throughout the set, across all topics and all types of data
- Comprehension questions, outlines, timelines, and related content lists for selected articles enhance retention
- More than 25,000 rich photographs and illustrations, including more than 1,000 new images
- Expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers collaborate to ensure that articles are understandable, accurate, and reflect current scholarshipStructure and writing style help make articles accessible to a wide range of readers